View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Iceblossom

Wow those are narrow. Log Cabin might be an option, you can make them "modern" out of different widths of strips, just keep going with the L shapes until you get the size you want. Through this board I recently found out about "crumb" quilts, not for me but you can use tiny little pieces.

This thread came up a week or so ago, Huntannette had some great examples of using adding machine tape as a foundation in the middle of the first page.
I don't get what the 'reciept' is for when making string quilts

I had given away the adding machine tape I had when I purged my sewing room of craft materials, but I picked up some at the Goodwill recently. So far I've found it in bags hanging up in the Office Supply or Craft sections at 3 out of 4 Goodwills I've recently visited. I like the idea of making lengths/rolls out of my small cuts of fabric when I want to do something in the sewing room but not quite sure what... then you can just roll up the tape until you are ready to do a project.

Personally I've decided that I don't want to keep anything much smaller than 6-6.5" but I do have strips cut down to 2" width to use up.