View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 09:18 AM
Sheri.a

A few thoughts I hope will help:
- Plan to "change things up" while you are there. Last year I decided I would see all of the quilts the last day I was there. Oh my! It was like smelling too many perfumes at one time -- it was sensory overload!!! The quilts are fabulous! This year I plan to mix it up with vendors and quilts.
- I carry a tote in a tote. When my first tote gets heavy, I check it in for $2 and pick it up at the end of the day. I then start using the second tote I bring. The check-in feature is a God send to me because I am not used to carrying anything more than my purse and the purchases can be heavy! I have used this service for years and love it. When I am with quilting buddies, we combine items to check in. Check your bags in to the check-in closest to where you will be leaving for your parked car (there are 3 or 4 locations).
- When I am with my quilting buddies, we often split up and use texting to check in with each other. I might say "where are you?" and they will reply "501" meaning they are in the vendor booth 501. We have not had any problems with this. We keep our phones where we can hear them (bra, phone carrier around neck which can multifunction as a badge holder...)
- Although you cannot eat or drink in the vendor or quilt areas, you can bring a beverage with a top and snacks in your tote.
- If you see something you really like, it's easier to go ahead and purchase it (unless it's expensive). I have found price shopping difficult and finding that item later can really eat up your time. You have spent a lot of energy and money to get to the show--is it really worth it to save a few dollars?
- If you have a smart phone, get the new app from Quilts inc. It shows the theme and time for Meet the Teachers (a great free place to learn, sit down and rest), the Open Studio (another free place to rest and learn) and the vendors. You can review it before you go and click on your favorites to help you remember what you want to do and when.
- The lectures they offer can probably be found on the app, but I'm not sure. I know it can be found at http://quilts.com/quilt-festival-hou...of-events.html listed as a lecture. The Luncheon lectures are around $40, but the others were $8 last year and I have really enjoyed most that I have gone to. They go into more depth about a subject than the schoolhouse, but make no mistake, each one will have something to sell you :-)
- Plan to walk more than you ever do! You will be tired but it's a good tired.

Have a wonderful time!