View Single Post
Old 11-02-2018, 09:43 AM
palandrum

As a former waitress perhaps I can clarify the seating question. As staff come on duty they are assigned a section of tables that are their responsibility until they get off duty. Then it is their responsibility to clean those tables, refill condiments, etc. before they log out for the shift. Therefore, their section is closed so they can complete their work. When you request a table in a closed section, the waitress on duty becomes responsible for serving you and the tables in their section. They also become responsible for cleaning your table as well as their own section. When you are the last waitress on shift, you can wind up cleaning your 5-7 tables plus several more before you can check out for the night (you are also responsible for side work in the back - rolling silverware and cleaning a section of the wait station). I liked the comment that an extra tip was left for the waitress that was assigned a table in another section. It meant a lot to him/her. I never saw a request refused at my workplace - customer's requests were Always accommodated. Happy customers equal return customers and good tippers! As far as the air conditioning goes - you have two elements functioning at the same time. Customers who are at rest and wait staff that are in high gear. Hard to find a median line of cool between the two! Hope this helps clear up the issue.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-07-2018 at 05:46 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps