Restaurant Seating

Old 11-03-2018, 03:41 AM

They need to balance the load by seating customers in different sections so that all of the waitresses have equal customers or one section may belong to a waitress that isn't on the floor yet.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Power Poster

We seldom go out to eat. I like my cooking better than any one elses.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I read thru all the comments looking for the one that bugs me the most.
I have actually corrected/instructed/challenged/reprimanded? hostesses and/or servers who see a couple (or a single) come in and, failing to notice that they are mobility-impaired -- with a cane or walker or limp or crutches or merely quite aged, they walk 'miles' to seat them instead of respectfully placing them at a close table so the customer doesn't have to struggle to their seat. I can only assume it's because so many of these server/hostess persons are young enough that they just don't pay any attention. The same with failure to hold the door; drives me nuts. This is just plain rude and should be addressed in training by their managers. I live in a town with a large elderly population and I notice this situation frequently. Many of our servers are students at the Three colleges in town; how have they gotten this far without some observational and reasoning skills? Sigh.

Jan in VA

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-07-2018 at 05:50 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-07-2018, 05:23 PM

My pet seating peeve...lots of empty tables and we are seated either next to the bathrooms or in the "flight" path of the kitchen. Will always ask to be seated elsewhere when this happens.

Question: do you return food to the kitchen if it is not cooked to your liking (too cold, too rare or well done, etc.)? Are you afraid that the staff will "spit" on your food before returning it to you? I was told this happens very frequently (told to me by a chef of a 4 star restaurant). Not sure if I will ever complain again. I feel though that I am paying good money and the food should be the way I want it. Comments?
Old 11-07-2018, 05:28 PM

After Mom's stroke, we always got better tables. Closer to the door, I guess so we didn't have to walk (hobble) so far past other guests.