View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 04:43 AM
NJ Quilter

When considering not adding a top border, yes, would have only mitered the sides and bottom. I did quick sketchs in EQ yesterday with a few variations and really am not happy with the non-bordered top of the quilt.

I'm still very much in construction mode with this thing. Still making blocks but I really want to be done with making blocks, lol. If I have my calculations correct for my modified plan, I only need to make 4 more blocks. Then I just have to make sure I have enough - in the correct layout - to make sure the sides/top/bottom are all facing the correct way.

I actually started constructing the rows yesterday as I had run out of the paper piecing sheets and was waiting for DH to bring home more. When I woke at 4AM tossing and turning this AM, it occurred to me that I have to check what I was doing with that before putting them together. I just grabbed blocks and started sewing into rows. I may have to wiggle some of those to get the correct layout. Sigh. But, hey, I thought of it before I put the whole thing together, eh??