View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:20 AM
d.rickman

I am close to waterworks if it is a humorous situation, and I laugh until I cry happy tears, and then Barb 2018 being abused and her posting this morning, finds me sitting here shedding a few for her, watching anything on TV, at the theatre, even the news of someone passing, or some disaster like a hurricane, tornado and folks losing everything. If I am with someone and they begin tearing up I usually join them.

My mother always told my siblings, leave her alone, she has a soft heart - which didn't help. A few years ago, a large group of campers held a surprise birthday party for me at the campground, and along came the waterworks and one of our good male friends, hollered at me "STOP" and that actually helped - I did stop! I think about that now when I lose it. It can be embarassing - I think I need to see a hypnotherapist, has anyone done this and did it help?

I look like crap for awhile after and put on my sunglasses or if I'm home, hide in my safe place, my sanctuary my quilting/sewing room. I try to stay away from all negativity and do not watch a lot of TV or the news, just listening
works.

On the other hand I am very happy - friends call me a class clown, or I should have been a comedian - I get this a lot. I tend to collect a lot of friends, they say because I make them laugh a lot - telling me how much they like me and want to spend time with my spouse and I. I get more than my share of Hugs, at the quilt shops, on the streets and in shops from my ex-students. I love Ellen DeGeneres's moto - Be Kind to Each other!