Thread: Bleached Muslin
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:54 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Still Sew N, For JAF Keepsake Cottons which is their bargain basement fabric it won't hold up. When I first started quilting back in the early 90's I didn't know any better and made two bed size hand quilted quilts out of that fabric. Some has faded so badly it doesn't even look like the same fabric, others have become threadbare with very little use and laundering. I find their pricing strategies predatory. If you shop around (mostly on line) you will find many of their product pricing is inflated, drastically so, so they can continue to offer 40 and 50% (and occasionally 60%) off coupons tricking consumers into thinking they are getting a great deal, when in reality in the end they are paying the same as in many other mom and pop shops without a coupon. I recall when LQS fabric was mostly retailing in the $7 to $10 per yard range. Went into JAF and started looking at their batiks and was shocked when I saw $16 per yard on the bolt! The straw that broke this camel's back is when I witnessed an employee rolling their low end broadcloth onto a Kona Bolt. I don't think the employee was being intentionally deceitful in that, more it was a case of not knowing the difference and not giving a rat's patootie. I say that because I pointed it out to her and she just said black is black, it doesn't matter.