Old 02-19-2010, 06:22 PM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by cjomomma
How did your children react when you took over their rooms after they left the nest and turned it into a sewing room?

My DS won't let our parents do anything to her room. she has been married for 4 yrs. and lives 4 hrs away. She is the baby of the family and spoiled(not by me). When I left home my Mom packed my room and did the same with my DB. Making sure we didn't come back to live just visit.
Our kids were both out of the house and on their own when I moved into our daughter's room (the youngest). We put a hide a bed in our son's room for them to use when they visit and another hide a bed in the living room for when both visited. The grandchildren considered it a real treat to sleep in our son's old room even though it had the hideabed in there. They lived close enough though that over nights were very rare. Normally only at Christmas.

When the kids leave home, the parents can use those rooms however they wish. That doesn't mean the kids aren't welcome to visit and stay for awhile. They've moved on and the parents should as well but I did wait until they were both out of college and had their own places and then I moved fast.