View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 04:02 AM
rryder

Depends on what you want to do. If you want a machine with decorative stitches then either the Janome or the Elna would be a good choice. If you only want a machine for piecing and quilting then I’d go with either the Juki or the Brother PQ1500- being straight stitch only machines, they both allow for a very accurate 1/4” seam AND they FMQ like a dream because the harp area is taller which means they’ve got better visibility around the needle than either the Elna or the Janome= less neck strain since you don’t have to crane your neck to see around the head. But any one of those would be a great choice.

The only differences between the Brother and the Juki straight stitchers are that the Juki has a speed control slider. The Brother does not have a speed controlller-you have to learn to control the speed with the pedal -not a big deal in my experience but some people prefer having a speed controller. Also you can get a needle felting attachment for the Brother PQ1500 if you ever want to do needle felting, I have one for my PQ1500 and have had a lot of fun needle felting with it.

Rob