View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 07:44 AM
TeresaA

The Jukis are GREAT, but they do nothing but straight stitch. And contrary to popular belief, they do have some electronics (speed control, back tacking, thread cutting, needle down etc do require electronic boards), so if you're considering the Juki to avoid the headaches of electronics, you aren't entirely out of that.

I've considered the Jukis (not at Costco) and the Janome at Costco too. The Janome has the same throat space as the Juki. It is a might slower, but I'm told people rarely go full speed anyway. And for you, maybe it'll give you more growing room with the extra stitches that it has. Even if you aren't a big decorative stitch user, you may, say, want to do some machine applique with buttonhole stitch or something. And if you don't like it, you can return it, because it's Costco. Another nice thing about the Janome is you don't have to oil it all the time, like you do the semi-industrial Juki's. If you go to the Janome 6500 Yahoo forum, they'll describe where to oil it, which is pretty much one wick in the bobbin area.

So yes, of the choices you've provided, I think the Costco Janome is the no-brainer of the bunch.

Gee, maybe I'd better go order a Costco Janome! ;-). I think I just sold it to myself!

Last edited by TeresaA; 11-11-2018 at 07:57 AM.