View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Sephie

Just realized I didn't actually answer your question at all! Sorry...

I know many have the Juki and have enjoyed that machine, but I believe it isn't their only machine as others have also mentioned it is straight stitch only.

The Brother has quite a number of reviews so if you haven't read through them, it could be worth your while. It seems to have decently generous throat space and is affordable as well. I hesitate now to purchase a machine used because of previous experiences with needing to return a new machine (twice!) and you obviously wouldn't be able to do that with a used machine. Those machines were brand new and I immediately noticed that they would skip a stitch every 20 or so stitches when straight stitching. Returned the first, the second one did it too. The third did not, so I've kept it, but it is the machine I referenced above about hating the backstitch. It's also very picky about thread - I can't use Aurifil in it! Crazy. I probably should have returned it and started over with a different brand and line of machine, but there were other features I liked and it was also very affordable. Just something to think about.