View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 03:31 AM
WMUTeach

I hear Arnold from Different Strokes saying, "How rude". This family needs some lessons on gratitude and thank-yous. If you gave them a gift for their daughter ..... others have said it already. First, the gift was for the daughter not the family. Second, this family appears to not understand quilts and quilting. They are unaware of the time it takes, the cost of materials and the joy and pleasure it takes to make a gift that is quilted. (Has your joy been tarnished with this request?) I would quickly decline this request. Or, as someone mentioned, you could offer to make them a larger quilt and give them a specific list of what materials you need to create their cuddling quilt. It will either send them away or show them part of the true cost of your creations. Another option for you is to graciously decline because you have other quilts gifts for other individuals in progress and want to finish them. Add an, "I am so glad you liked the quilt I made for your daughter." Then, let it go.