View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 07:36 AM
DawnFurlong

I only use 505 and have not experienced this. I'm wondering the same as what cashs_mom and jmoore put forth - that it might have something to do with the fabric/dye.

That said, it still leaves you with a stain. I'm hoping you didn't dry the table runner. I always feel that *most* stains can eventually be worked out as long as a dryer has not been involved. Unless the fabric has possibly been what seems like bleached in that area? In which case I'm wondering if you can take a small scrap of the red that hasn't been washed/treated, wet it, wet the red on the table runner, and let it sit together, hoping the dye transfers? No idea on that, might be a really obvious reason that won't work (but it would probably be something I'd try!).

Otherwise, when that happens to me, I keep using different treatments and washing to work on a stain. Most times something ends up working. Occasionally I have to settle for close enough to good. Rarely do I not have any progress. Different treatments might be anything from various stain removers, natural cleaners like baking soda/vinegar (depends on fabric), might try something like Oxyclean. If I use stain remover, I usually spray, work into the stain, but then I put the fabric into a sink of water (because I have found stain removers can stain otherwise). I have soaked, washed, retreated, soaked, etc for several cycles/days before.

Hoping you find a solution that works for you...