View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 05:34 AM
Rhonda K

First pet was Boone, a 6# yorkie. He was my companion when DH worked nights. Boone would steal the milk-bones from the 138# mix without reservations.

It's not about the dog that is yours though but the one that steals your heart. Along comes Beau, Christmas Eve 2007. My husband and daughter (home from college) and thick as thieves saw him on a rescue site, visited with him, and brought him home.

Beau wasn't one of the pretty ones and I was doubtful at first. He was black and white like a big cow. But oh he was a charmer; all 101# of him. He became my buddy and is the one who stole my heart over the years. He would lay right next to me while sewing every day. I had to move him before I could move. LOL. Sadly,we lost Beau last month. Each day was a littler harder for him and finally he couldn't get up. The look in his eyes told us it was time. We sat on the floor together all afternoon and said our private good-byes. Beau is running with the squirrels now and his paw impression hangs in the sewing room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]604278[/ATTACH]
Project Manager! I was making valances and he took over.
Attached Thumbnails beau-fabric-helping.jpg