View Single Post
Old 11-22-2018, 06:01 PM
zozee

Boston and Battle Axe, those pictures are classic! I just love the hair and clothes and vintage kitchen and, of course, the dogs

My very first pet was a white cat named Misty. I was probably 3 years old. I don't remember particularly caring for her (not that I didn't like her, but we never bonded). She would scratch my baby sister's face and eyes at times; the pediatrician told my mom she should choose between the cat and her baby's vision. You can guess her choice.

The first pet I loved was a sheltie named Lassie. I was 8. A year later she had 3 puppies, perfect for me and my 2 sisters. We each chose one. I chose the runt (since I was short and called runt) and named her Tot. Unfortunately, she died suddenly of an unknown cause at just 10 weeks old. (My mom witnessed her turn over and put her little paws straight up in the air and cried for about 10 seconds. My mom ran out to the dog pen, performed CPR on my puppy, but it was too late. Thankfully I was not at home at the time. Never did know what caused that--a heart attack? Aneurysm? We buried her in a shoebox in the backyard, funeral and everything.)