Old 11-26-2018, 07:02 AM
tropit

Default "After Thanksgiving, Get This Food Out of My House" Pie

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. The family is now gone. I sent the kids home with tons of leftovers. I slept and binge-watched Netflix gardening shows all day yesterday. I'm re-energized and ready for action. Now, I want the rest of this holiday food out of my house! So, this morning I threw together this pie in, literally, no more than 5 minutes, stuck it in a 350 degree oven for an hour and cut a slice...not bad. I wasn't fussy with how I made it. The dough was just pressed into the pie plate, the apples were left unpeeled and I didn't measure the sugar, or anything else for that matter. Here are the ingredients that I used:

left-over pie crust dough (one pie didn't get made on Thanksgiving...long story.)

Filling:
3 honeycrisp apples, sliced
few tablespoons of leftover cranberry sauce
sugar
a couple of spoonfuls of flour
cinnamon

Topping:
1 stale bran muffin from Thanksgiving morning
a few tablespoons pie dough
couple tablespoons sugar

Pressed the dough into the plate lightly. (Looked lumpy, no fancy edge. It turned out fine.) Stirred the filling ingredients and put into the pan over dough. Sprinkled topping over pie. Baked for about 1 hour. Delicious!

I could have gotten fancier, but it was early and I did this while waiting for my coffee to brew and I really wasn't awake yet.

~ C