Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: "After Thanksgiving, Get This Food Out of My House" Pie

"After Thanksgiving, Get This Food Out of My House" Pie

Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. The family is now gone. I sent the kids home with tons of leftovers. I slept and binge-watched Netflix gardening shows all day yesterday. I'm re-energized and ready for action. Now, I want the rest of this holiday food out of my house! So, this morning I threw together this pie in, literally, no more than 5 minutes, stuck it in a 350 degree oven for an hour and cut a slice...not bad. I wasn't fussy with how I made it. The dough was just pressed into the pie plate, the apples were left unpeeled and I didn't measure the sugar, or anything else for that matter. Here are the ingredients that I used:

left-over pie crust dough (one pie didn't get made on Thanksgiving...long story.)

Filling:
    3 honeycrisp apples, sliced
    few tablespoons of leftover cranberry sauce
    sugar
    a couple of spoonfuls of flour
    cinnamon

Topping:
    1 stale bran muffin from Thanksgiving morning
    a few tablespoons pie dough
    couple tablespoons sugar

Pressed the dough into the plate lightly. (Looked lumpy, no fancy edge. It turned out fine.) Stirred the filling ingredients and put into the pan over dough. Sprinkled topping over pie. Baked for about 1 hour. Delicious!

I could have gotten fancier, but it was early and I did this while waiting for my coffee to brew and I really wasn't awake yet.

~ C

Sounds delicious!

That's some Thanksgiving leftovers I could enjoy! This is a good way I could use some apples I've had for a couple of weeks.

What an inspiration on using left over cranberry sauce.
    "I may not believe in what you say but will defend your right to say it"- Voltaire

Apples, cranberries, bran. Sounds healthy to me. yum!
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.