Old 11-26-2018, 08:57 PM
Kassaundra

It really is hard to find a free mystery. I am used to using small pieces there is no way around the extra yardage needed when using small pieces. I have fun w/ it and make it my own so the extra expense of the fabric amount doesn't bother me enough to quit doing it. I figure it is one quilt a year so if you average it out it really doesn't cost that much for the whole year.
Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
I saw 6 yards of background fabric, and said "hard pass". I don't want to waste that much of my precious backgrounds on seams, which I'm assuming is the reason why it calls for so much fabric. Of course, if done non-scrappy, it wouldn't take so much. I'm always curious to see how her mysteries turn out, and who knows, maybe I'd make a non-scrappy version after collecting all the steps.

I'm too stressed of a person for her quilts, anyway, ha-ha. And it's apparently all my fault, from what I hear, LOL.

But good old fashioned, interesting mysteries are few and far between these days, it seems. I know people need to make a living, so I can't get too upset with them for charging in some way. It's hard to pay for something, if I don't know what it's going to end up being. Maybe I should try Edyta.