Thread: I need to VENT!
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 11:55 AM
shequilts

This is someting I had heard of, but couldn't believe I would ever be effected. Wrong again!
My long time physician is now referring to his practice as MD-VIP. Apparently he's referring to himself. For the nominal sum of $1500.00 per person, per year, he's willing to allow me to be his patient. He says he's only going to have a total of 600 patients. (600x$1500.00 =$900000.00 for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing!) Another minimum of $250,00 for an annual physical x 600 = another $150000.00. Add in the everyday sick person visit and he's rich as Croceus! Iin addition to this, he still charges the usual co-pay for my insurance and then of course bills the insurance for whatever services I may need. (Remember, the $1500.00 doesn't cover anything but the privilege of seeing him. I cannot believe it! $3000.00 per year up front for the two of us.
Understand, we so far only go for an annual exam, rarely ever use his services otherwise. Occasionally, a phone call for an allergy med or something like that. The rational is that he can spend more time with each patient. Let's see...600 patients divided by 8 patients a day..that means I can see him every 75 days. Gee, it's easier to get an appointment than that,now! Is this elitist or what?
It goes without saying, I am not stupid enough to stuff my hard earned money in his pockets and will soon find another MD!
Is this common in other parts of the country?