View Single Post
Old 12-05-2018, 11:28 AM
Iceblossom

I have posted some of them in various threads, unfortunately I am not very good at taking pictures and some of my pictures (even though I keep all the stuff the same) seem to be too big to post or I otherwise have problems linking them, but I'll see what I can do.

I realized a few years ago even though I quilted all the time, all my own quilts were getting old and falling apart. Plus my skill set had changed and I wasn't as happy with what I had had as I was when I did them. I am trying really hard to use up fabrics I have, especially back around Y2K I used to do a lot of fabric swapping so had collections of themed fabrics.

So my monthly list is:

January -- Lone Star Snowflake Sampler (fabrics collected and pattern/concept ready)

February -- Valentines (completed quilt, made partially from Valentine swapped fabrics, need picture)

March -- St Patricks Day/Triple Irish Chain (what I call a "planned" quilt, that is made from one set of fabrics and not from scraps)
Last post/picture page 1
Irish Chain

April -- Easter Baskets (top made, not quilted, assorted color solid baskets filled with egg fabric)

May -- May Flower (completed quilt)
Mayflower is a pattern from the Ladies Art Company, very much like "Winding Ways" but without the curves and I've set it with a consistent white background. Each block is made from a different floral.

June -- Travel/Postcards (blocks made, actual postcard sized fabrics in a grey attic window, will be set together with black sashing to look sort of like the old scrap books with the black pages

July -- 4th of July (completed top, red/white/blue "planned" star blocks)

August -- Barn/Harvest (in progress, contemporary with a few pieced blocks and then lots of crops and animals and lots of embellishements)

September -- Houndstooth/Birthday month so my choice (top completed, not quilted)
middle of first page
Anyone know what this block is called?

October -- Halloween Cats (completed "planned" quilt, Puss in the Corner block)

November -- Turkey/Thanksgiving fan (In progress, almost done correcting the too small setting triangles!)

December -- Christmas String (design picked, fabrics selected, not started)