Old 12-09-2018, 12:06 PM
Chris Denno

I LOVE my Whirlpool Duet front loader. My clothes are cleaner than ever and thee is NO smell or mold in my machine. One must read the manual and follow the directions, it is NOT an old top loader, it IS different.

#1 Don't overload, don't fill it to the top. It's water/detergent efficient, you don't have to do huge loads.Do two. If you complain that the clothes "aren't even wet", you are probably overloading it, or you need a repair.
#2 Don't use too much detergent, follow directions. Too much suds prevents the clothes from sloshing around properly. That's how they get clean, NOT by being pulled and twisted by the agitator.
#3 Use vinegar in the rinse cup, helps rinse the clothes and keeps soap residue out of the washer and hoses.
#4 Leave the door open. I ALWAYS do and NEVER have any smell, and I have NEVER cleaned the washer. I use bleach/hot water in one, maybe two loads a week.
#5 Use the "Extra rinse" for every load. It uses little more water and might make a big difference in your satisfaction.

Front load machines us far less water than regular top load, so we should try to get along with them. I would never have any other kind because my clothes are cleaner than before. My current one is probably 12 years old and I will replace it with another just like it when it dies. It owes me nothing.

If you already have one that you are not happy with you have nothing to lose by giving my suggestions a try. Or you can just keep complaining.