Old 12-11-2018, 02:46 AM
Murphy224

I am 70 and got an instant pot last year and love it. I live alone and cook for me and to share with my 88 year old Mom who lives across the street. I am not the "fanatic" that some of the online posters are about it in that they think they should cook everything in this new pot they got. I use it for things like steel cut oats, stone ground grits, dried beans, pot roast, chicken, pulled pork, rice, yogurt, boiled eggs (fresh from the hen and easy to peel in 5 min) frozen veggies,and even risotto NO STIRRING. I love just putting the ingredients in the pot, turning it on, setting a timer on my phone, and walking away.
As for the fear..... With Twitter, Instagram Facebook, etc, any explosions, injuries, deaths etc from anywhere around the world would be instantly reported. Probably even be a "breaking news interrupt your current show" kind of thing. I have not heard of any, have you? I do follow the Facebook Instant Pot page (over 1.6 Million members) and several other FB pages about the Instant Pot. I really think if there was anything at all dangerous about this appliance, it would have been posted and shared immediately.
I suggest you read up a bit more on the pot, look at some cooking times, think about what you cook and the time it takes to do it and whether you have to stand watch while it cooks or if you can go do other things while they cook.
Cooking for myself is necessary and I don't want to spend anymore time than I have to. Love the conveniences that are available now......the robot vacuum, air fryers, Alexa or Google smarthome to help control some things in your home.
Oh and by the way, I have the 6qt and think the 3qt would be too small for me.