Old 12-12-2018, 08:09 AM
DonnaC

Hi again ladies! And thank you for being such an awesome bunch!

Wow madamekelly, that is quite a story. Sorry you had a fall but glad you were so prepared. bettyc, I did find a really super video on YouTube for the absolute beginner (Me!) and it was extremely helpful. She demonstrated everything very concisely, great close-up video of all that she did, and without doing a lot of yapping (too many of the demos on YT are just talking, talking, talking and bad camera work!).

I'm picking up a book tonight from Barnes & Noble called "The Instant Pot Bible". It was one of the few books I found that addresses all different sizes of the pot. Most recipes are written for the 6-quart but this book tells you which ones can easily be made in a 3-quart or doubled for an 8-quart, and it has a lot of good tips and tricks too (did the "look inside" on Amazon before I ordered it). I will also check out the other cookbooks mentioned here. I think I already have the Laurel Randolph book sitting in my Amazon cart but I will look at the keto one too.

Have to make time to head out to the supermarket too, and buy some ingredients (and NO CEREAL).