View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 03:29 AM
WMUTeach

I don't believe in them.....much. But there are color trends. Remember the burnt orange craze in the late 60's or the avocado green and harvest gold appliances of the early 60's and all of the earth tones in our clothing? We have trends in popularity of colors or color palates. I am ready to gag on gray, but it is what is popular now. I think that male or female choice of color is becoming more blurred. Oh, of course we have some dudes who like dark blues, browns or hunting plaids but they are discovering pastels, blends like turquoise and prints. And in like manner we have females who are just crazy about soft pastels, ruffles and shabby chic. When choosing colors for a quilt for some one I know, I consider what colors I see them wearing. For those I do not know or your basic donation quilt, I take advantage of my own creativity and make what appeals to my eye. I have fun with it. Also in the mix is what is in my stash. I do have a pretty good one but it is not endless or what would be considered.....SABLE! OK that is my two cents for today!