View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 01:30 PM
Judith1005

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
not unusual....quilt fabric buyers are the same way....but considering that Crisis Pregnancy recipients are choosy about recieving free quilts is concerning.....there are bigger issues that a small flower on a baby quilt...IMHO. My husband is not choosy..he is not worried about a flower!
Agreed, my DH sleeps under whatever I put on our bed. And, last week it was bright pink and orange and white. This week it's purple, aqua and white. Flowers and all!

But, I whole heartedly agree on the "pickiness". I would have and am grateful for every handmade item. Regardless of medium or fabric choice. I choose to revel in the talent and the love a gift was given.

That being said, you can't go wrong in blues, greens, reds, browns, grays and blacks for boys. I have at least 2 men in my family that love orange. And, it looks fantastic with gray. Maybe try for fabric in solids, geometrics or texture prints like chambray. (Connecting Threads has a great collection of Chambray fabrics.https://www.connectingthreads.com/fa...y-tonals/c/391) I'm not affiliated with them. I just like the texture prints. There's also some fantastic grunge prints out there now also.

Last edited by Judith1005; 12-13-2018 at 01:38 PM.