Old 12-14-2018, 05:03 PM
zozee

I thought I'd use mine more than I have. Got the 6 qt because I was cooking for the homeless once a month. The thing I like is that, unlike a crock pot that is sometimes too hot to carry to a function after cooking all day, the IP can cook everything fast in the morning, then you turn it off, let it cool till you are ready to transfer food to a smaller container for transporting. (It's too heavy for me to carry when full, and a bit cumbersome to store overhead, which is where it fits in my upper pantry.) If you don't have need to transport large quantities of food, you can still just cook things fast in the IP in the morning, let food cool, and divvy it up into freezer portions for yourself.

Whenever I actually used it, I loved it (boiled eggs came out great!). Roasts that you can sear in the IP and then pressure cook is fall-off-the-fork tender. Boneless chicken breasts stay moister in the IP rather than baking. (I'm making myself hungry and ready to get back to using my IP.) I tend to use my smaller pots because they're easier to lift, wash, and store, BUT they don't work for mega-cooking which you'd like to do . There are 3 of us here now so I do cook small meals most nights, but I think I've just about talked you and me both into ramping up our game so we don't have to cook as often, yet still have tasty homemade meals. I love to pull out chili and serve it over noodles or a baked potato on a cold night!