View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 03:55 AM
quilterpurpledog

My BERNINA B530 has that feature and comes on after 360,000 stitches. I am amazed at how often it pops on. I have always taken the machine out of its hole to service it. I take off the stitch plate and clean it thoroughly. I also lay the machine over on its side and open the hook mechanism. I clean out dust and lint and put a small amount of oil along the black cover and snap it back in place. There is no need to take it to a technician at this point. I was told all of this by the technician. I have an 1130 that has been a workhorse for 35 years. I used it to make draperies and slip covers for years. I actually wore away the surface of the black portion that covers the hook race assembly and had to replace it. The reason was neglecting to take the time to service that area. That machine does not have the little reminder in the display. I do take them to the technician about every to years. I do think that taking them to a competent technician is more important than just taking them to a dealer that has lots of brands to sell and knows little about specific machines.