Thread: TMI my singer
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by Dougstermd View Post
I’m confused by the serial number. ISMACS suggest it’s a model 71? G560655 it looks like my model 27.
"G" serial numbers seem to be the one that has been the most messed up. Frequently, it is it is hard to read and then sometimes misread. I did have an experience with one that I saw in a thrift store. It was a 66-1 with Red Head decals. Knowing about the problems with "G" numbers I quadruple checked and while I don't remember which machine the serial number list said it was, I was looking at a 66 with a serial number that was not assigned/allocated to 66 machines.

The bobbin winder is in a different spot.
I have read ( Singer treadle I may get ) that there are some late model 27s that came with the high bobbin winder. Usually, the high winder is associated with the 127.

I did score a pile of attachments including a walking foot, oil cans and a new belt.
It looks to me that you have some attachments that do not belong to the 27 or any Singers for that matter. It is quite common to find 'fiddly bits' that come with a machine they do not fit. My White 43 came with feet for a low shank Singer, a back clamp Singer, some Japanese zig zag feet and some Greist feet for the White.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.