View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:44 PM
Mickey2

I have knee lever on my 1934 99K and an Elna Supermatic, both are fine and it's easy to adjust to if you are used to pedal. My 201 and Bernina have pedal controllers. Knee lever doesn't add to the value as far as I know, but I can tell they are not a disadvatage either. I have seen both original pedals and knee lever as early as 1920s. Knee lever were very common before 1950, but around that time the button bakelite type gradually became more common. Knee lever was an option on many models well into the 1960s, at least Bernina and Elna. I think I would start looking for a knee lever for a 3/4 size machine, it will fit in the case. The are two types I think, much the same but the early 1920s lever have a round fitting at the end, and the later (early to mid 1930s and up) are flat. Complete with accessories and original good condition is always a pluss when it comes to value. New wiring is always a pluss to, but generally there isn't much money in vintage sewing machines, they tend to keep their value and increase a bit when they are clean and running and not missing any parts. There are always someone out there who will prefer it as true to new condition as possible.

Last edited by Mickey2; 12-16-2018 at 02:50 PM.