Old 12-17-2018, 05:33 AM
DawnFurlong

After looking at pictures and discussing options with DH, I decided to go with a series of cubbies. As we might have one more move in our future, we wanted to leave it as a functional clothes closet (as opposed to adding shelves).

My DH added one more long shelf at the top of the closet (above the one shelve that was there), then we added 3 cubby units under the clothes rod. Now I need to go through a large container of fabrics and whatever I decide to keep, figure out how I want to organize it in the closet.

Zozee - I like your method of going through fabrics! I already did one pass, and I did manage to part with a handful of scraps/pieces that I knew I didn't like. But - I think there are many more scraps that can go as well if I don't over think it. I've had quite a lot of it for YEARS - without use. I'm usually pretty good at only buying for the current project I am working on (and in the past I generally start and finish one project before moving on to the next). But here and there I picked up some fabric for something I thought I wanted to make (and the fabric was on sale - I liked the fabric, but the main driver was it was on sale). Time for some of it to have a new home so it can actually be used.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]605441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]605442[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails closet-left.jpg   closet-right.jpg