Thread: To rip or not
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
I won a Judge's Choice ribbon at a national show with pleats on the back of my quilt (not just little ticks like yours). I was really disappointed with the pleats, but they were impossible to remove without redoing the whole quilt. I entered the quiilt anyway and was shocked to get a ribbon. They must not have examined the back.

I knew they were there, and it really bothered me, so I gave it away to the first person who said they liked the colors.

You are the only one who can decide if it is worth the effort to remove them.
As was stated in the above comments: Yes, take those stitches out. It looks like you have not gotten past these tucks so it will be easy to fix now.

The Judge does look at the back. However, they may not see the tucks. OR the tucks will jump up and grab their eyes! :-). They will probably be commented on.

As for winning a Judges Choice ribbon. The Judges Choice is not a place winning ribbon. It is a: "I noted your work, I saw something worth acknowledging, something caught my attention" ribbon. This ribbon is usually given to a quilt that did not place but there was something about it that the Judge felt could/should be recognized. In saying that, the Judge may have seen your tucks but felt the quilt should still get "her" ribbon.

As the ribbon says, it is the "Judges" ribbon to acknowledge a quilt that did not get a placement ribbon. I hope I am explaining this clear enough. :-/.

I know I have said this before and do not mean to keep waving a flag, but as information to you, I am a quilt Judge in Colorado.