Old 12-19-2018, 06:39 PM
tuckyquilter

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
I got a great deal on the Instant Pot in Kohl's last weekend and bought it completely on a whim. I got the 3 quart model because I'm only one person and I don't need to make recipes for 6 people LOL.

It's been sitting here in the box staring at me, and to be honest I'm a little afraid of the thing.

I've been on Pinterest madly pinning recipes for the 3 quart (most of the cookbooks that are out there are for the 6 quart model and I understand there is a learning curve to altering recipes).

Any comments? Suggestions? Do I hear an "atta girl open that thing?!"

(I think what I'm actually hearing in my head is my mom's voice from long ago. She was terrified of pressure cookers but then again, the old fashioned stove top ones from the 1940's that she remembered probably blew up a lot more than the new safer ones. At least, that's what I'm telling myself!)
make enough for 4-6 people. Let cool and then put in freezer baggies, lay flat on a cookie sheet and freeze for later. I even do this with soup & chili. When frozen they can be place in an upright position and take up less room AND you have a great meal, just thaw & heat. Works with darn near any recipe you want. I'm a table for One as well.