View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:14 AM
Sugarkryptonite

Default Singer 111W153 & table resto project

Hi everyone,

I just got this as my first machine from my uncle who had it sitting in his basement for the past few years. He had it for a while and used it to fix horse blankets for people at shows when my cousin was into the horse game. I'm excited to have it and love how it looks! We turned on the motor and it ran well in his basement.

My plan is to just do quick cleanup on the machine (while leaving the original patina), clean up the table with new paint on the legs and a wood treatment for the top (also keeping the patina), and hopefully get it running nicely to sew some stuff!

Some pics attached. So far I've cleaned up the machine, oiled it up, disassembled the whole table, sandblasted the legs, painted them (now letting them dry).

Next step is going to be applying the wood treatment for the top which I will hopefully do in the next few days.

Oh and btw, from another thread I made on the leatherworker.net forums, with the help of some members there, we were able to determine that this machine was built around 1943 in Bridgeport, USA!