View Single Post
Old 12-22-2018, 05:41 AM
himnherr

I haven’t joined in quite awhile, but I will this time... but not until later today. I’m going to be sandwiching an “Around the block” from Cloud9 fabrics. This is for my SIL’s wedding December 29th, so I should have time. My husband cleaned and oiled my Bailey last week in prep for my quilting weekend and so he ran the machine on some fabric and batting to make sure the oil was all gone. It was much like a small quilt. Later that day he said “ I kinda liked running that machine!” I told him I’d make him a practice piece and if he was good enough I’d let him do a little on his sisters quilt. I’ll draw something with washable markers and see how he does. He’s familiar with sewing, and I always have him help me lay out my scrappies because he has an excellent eye for color placement, so this might be a natural progression of things. If his practice piece isn’t up to par it’ll be hands off. Haha! I’m really looking forward to having him join me and his sister will love that he was involved, more than just color placement.