Old 12-25-2018, 10:55 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
I bought one last year. One of my daughters loves it and the other does not use hers. She also thinks she needs to work on figuring things out on how too and which recipes. I brought mine back when I looked at recipes. It was too much dough and grease and all mixed together. This year I bought an airfryer and I love that thing. I do crips vegetables, shrimp, not battered, and home made hashbrowns in it. I do drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on it. I bought the gourmia 6 quart air fryer stainless steel $60. My daughter did complain that rice did not cook as well in the instatpot and the beans gave her gas. She prefers those items from the rice cooker and beans from the crockpot.
I am glad you like your air fryer. I am perplexed though because I have 3 instant pots and don't even have recipes that call for dough and grease. Most of them are a tablespoon of oil to brown something. You can rise dough in one on the yogurt setting but that isn't for a meal. You can't fry in it. Weight Watchers has an Instant Pot Facebook page for anyone interested and comfortable with Facebook. There are probably recipes on line too. And of course I understand the Instant Pot isn't for everyone, just like the air fryer isn't for everyone. I love my instant pots. I can think of something to cook later in the day and prep it, set it, clean up,go sew and come back to a meal.