View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Fabriholic

To those of you who asked, and as MNQuilter guessed, ASG stands for American Sewing Guild. I went to their site **www.asg.org** and found this comment from a member:

Member Expressions
I am spreading the word about this fabulous group because I could just kick myself for not having found them sooner! I joined the ASG at the end of December. It was one of my New Year's resolutions to take as many sewing classes as I could afford to this year, hoping to learn something new, revisit something I already know and most of all, get out of the house and make some sewing friends!

Once I joined the ASG, I could choose from many neighborhood groups. Let me just tell you all, if you sew and don't belong to ASG, you should be ashamed of yourself. Every person I have ever met (that sews), talks about improving their skills, making items to donate, teaching a daughter or niece how to sew and just plain old having someone else to talk "sewing" with and this group is all that and more! This group of ladies is just fantastic!

Sounds like a good thing. Kirsten, can you tell me how much it costs to join?

As far as Joann's goes, yes, it's great to get the additional 10% off your entire purchase. Seems like they had them back to back to back during the holiday season. Rachael, I'd have to "watch them like a hawk" to get the 50% off on the most expensive item. They switched over to a new computer system about a year (?) ago and it seems to not want to work half the time. Very frustrating for us and for the employees. I will pursue the 50% off with them because I won't give up without a fight!