Old 12-26-2018, 06:18 PM
Iona D.

Originally Posted by Linmar View Post
(Does it count if you bought a machine for yourself?)

Santa did contribute to the purchase; he never knows what to buy me, so he was pleased that he could give me money toward my new Juki 2000 QVP. I was almost set on the F600 but the dealer had the 2000 QVP in an open box and the price was lowered enough to reduce the price difference gap considerably. I was able to demo one in the store and am impressed with the quality of stitches, quietness, features and (most important for a relative beginner) - ease of use.
Yes, buying for yourself does count here on this particular thread. I was saving the cash for 1 machine. I found out that, just like any other gift type of product, the end of year/holidays sales can't be beat! So not only 1 but 2 were purchased in my own case. Glad you joined the party.

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I also like to have 2-3 sewing machines set up at one time.
A person after my own heart. I keep 2 always ready to sew. 2 more in the closet. All carefully stored in hard plastic cases. One of the ways I protect all my fine investments (even cheapo sewing machines deserve good care) to practically new, free of dust, cat curiosity protection, & clean inside and out. Each little step of protection and care does help preventing potential sewing machine problems that might require sewing center help. Which I cannot afford in any case.

Originally Posted by Ellen 1 View Post
I'm glad to see I am not the only one with 3 machines set up at the same time. Love rolling my chair to the correct color thread.
In my case different fabrics. One each for knit, quilting cottons/shirts, and heavy pants weight fabric already adjusted for each fabric's optimal settings.

Last edited by Iona D.; 12-26-2018 at 06:27 PM.