View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:29 AM
lizzyquilting

Wow,

So many welcomes!!!

I don't mind saying where I'm located, I live just outside Dublin, Dunboyne in County Meath. I'm UK born as well, I think it's a part of the Irish constitution, you marry an Irishman, you have to settle in Ireland eventually! I'm not really English though either, my parents were Hungarian Refugees so I suppose I'm keeping up with the family tradition...

When I hear of sun and dry weather I go really whistful, this is NOT the place to live if you have arthritis or back problems! Ah well, my eldest daughter (28, married and trying for a family!) lives in Southern Spain so I get the occasional break from the damp. We have two types of weather here, wet and warm, wet and cold. Don't get me wrong, this is a great country to bring up children, my 3 younger kids have been lucky to stay 'kids' much longer than my eldest who was brought up mainly in London. Not to mention how much I admire the Irish education system.

Anyway, my photo is of our deceased Cockerel, Romeo. He fell foul (ahem) of a fox, or else it was a bloomin' big cat, but my husbands' foray into poutry keeping proved to be (thankfully) unsuccesful. We were given (and lost) two turkeys, three hens and one Cockerel. This makes it sound like we live in the country, but we don't. We actually live almost in the centre of the village, albeit on a large plot.

So, Trim... really lovely place, the castle is beautiful, we go there when we have visitors from overseas.

Sligo, a very good name for quilting within the Irish Patchwork Society, I've often wondered if it's something in the water there. :D

Visiting Ireland and looking for Quilting Shops? Erm, with the resources available in the US, I personally wouldn't waste any holiday time on trying to find fabric and quilting ephemera here. It's mainly a year out of date and 3X the price I'm afraid. I tend to buy my supplies on-line, except for spending a fortune at the IPS monthly meetings :? .

Thank you all for the lovely welcome, I am looking forward to learning from you all, seeing your projects and getting to know you better.

Signing out with a smile,

Lizzyquilting x