View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 02:52 AM
Wood Sprite

Default Howdy from the woods of Pennsylvania!

Howdy! My name is Darlene. I live on wooded acreage in the middle of Pennsylvania. I love living in the woods and have chosen the screen name Wood Sprite.

I started my first quilt in the Fall of 2017. I got it pieced, sandwiched and quilted but had to stop because my health declined too much while making it. (Bad heart made it hard to crawl on the floor to sandwich and pin baste it.) I still need to finish the borders and bind it but that hasn't stopped me from using it now and then.

My second quilt was much smaller than the first and very simple. I need to tie it and bind it and plan to donate it. But my health and life got in the way and I didn't get back to doing that or finishing the first one. I plan to finish both soon.

I did completely make and finish a third quilt a few weeks ago. I made it for my dog that was in kidney failure using colors that made me think of her fur and her eyes. It gave her comfort during her last days and will gives me comfort to hug it now. We had to euthanize her two days ago (12/31). I miss her so much but am glad I have this quilt to snuggle when I think of her.

I tend to over-research and over-think things when I start new hobbies. I've already designed several quilts on graph paper and look forward to making them once I get more practice with some other smaller quilts and get some tables so I don't have to crawl on the floor to sandwich and baste the larger quilts that I really want to make. I also read over 95% of the posts in the Main Section of QB and have learned a lot from you already. I love how you all support each other and repeatedly say there are no rules, make what you like. That's my philosophy, too!

Thank you to whomever started this forum, those that moderate it, and those that share their knowledge. I'm happy join and look forward to getting to know all of you!