View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 06:15 AM
Mitty

Originally Posted by grammasharon View Post
I would like to know how klutz gloves fit. I can only find medium and large sizes and feel I probably need a small size. Having just cut a nasty cut on my index finger I would like to try them. I you use them can you tell me how they fit ad are they cumbersome to use. TIA Sharon
I don’t find my F&P Klutz glove at all cumbersome. In fact after using it the first few weeks I got to the point that it started to feel weird if I didn’t have it on while cutting. The fingers of the glove are longer than my fingers, but that doesn’t interfere with my using them or with my cutting (though even with the glove on I try to keep the blade well away from my fingers). It’s very loose around my hand, but comfortable (not loose) around the fingers. I ordered a size large, because I figured too big was better than too small. My hands are probably pretty close to average in size for a woman.

The glove would be too cumbersome for any activity other than cutting, so sometimes there’s a lot of putting in on and taking it off (and hunting for it under fabrics on the cutting table). But it’s a habit now and doesn’t seem like a big deal to slip it on and off.

The gripper dots work well, and I’ve had it for several years and it hasn’t fallen apart. In short, the only reservation I have about the thing is its high price. It’s expensive, and it’s only for glove. The reason I caved in and bought it was because when I went to Harbor Freight and asked where the cut-resistant gloves were, the salesperson acted l’d asked for a polka dot unicorn, saying they didn’t have any and not seeming to know what they were, then directing me to where they had some work gloves, which I’d already seen and none of which were cut-resistant. I wasn’t sure I could find any sized for women anyway, and men’s gloves are way too big on me, so I just ordered the glove online.

The glove hasn’t really been put to the test yet, because I haven’t (yet?) run over my fingers with the cutter. I might like it less if I end up running around without my fingertips. Of course, it’s only cut-resistant, not cut-proof, so I don’t count on it to protect me completely and still give my cutter the caution and respect it deserves and think of the glove as more of a back-up plan for the day when I slip up.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-12-2020 at 03:20 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps