View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Country Quilter

The first quilt I made was an anniversary quilt for my mom and dad.... I found a kit with 14 inch squares with an embroidery design on them... they all matched and I embroidered them in blue and brown....I placed these every other square and for the squares in between I made a square for each of us kids with our name and date of birth on it and in the very center square I did my mom and dads names and their anniversary date...also added some designs and a couple of poems on the extra squares...it was a large undertaking but thankfully I too had the help of my MIL who was an excellent quilter! She helped me put it together once I had all the squares emboridered and helped me put it up in the frames and we tied it.

My mom and dad loved it!! That was for their 40th anniversary way back in 1980!! they still have it and I am hopeful it is willed to me someday!! I just finished making them each a new quilt for their (now separate) beds! LOL They were again thrilled to get them...my mom never made quilts...but she sewed alot of our clothes.