View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 04:42 PM
themadpatter

Thanks for allowing me to make a quick, and therefore, blunt comment. It takes me so much time making sure what I write sounds nice. Its nice, but I think the arrangement of the blocks is what's the problem. I think that's what's bothering you. They're too two-by-two for my liking. I'm a Capricorn, and I freely admit that I am the queen of homogenous arrangement. Sprinkling freely is just so difficult for me! Never looks like its arranged as perfectly as it should be. So, it might just be my bias toward regularity.

I'm 62, and one of the lessons I've learned in life is that sometimes the only thing that comes out of a project is I learned how I don't want to do it next time. After fighting with it for oh, about 60 years, I've learned to shrug and think to myself, "Well, there's another tuition payment to the College of Hard Knocks." Some experiences are only to give us more experience. It's very annoying, lol.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe the lesson you will learn from this is that just having fun trying out the blocks you wanted to try is enough. If it were me, I'd be glad I made them into a quilt so I didn't have them hanging around my studio nagging me.