View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Oklahoma Suzie

Originally Posted by Lockeb
Hi Everyone, I just thought I'd share a couple of my quilt tops with you....they were a lot of fun....

The first is my sunflower quilt - I used Maywood fabrics from their Full Sun collection - I love that collection.....and I did a kind of sampler quilt - just making blocks that I liked and putting them together in my own little design..it was a riot to do........this quilt top is about 60 x 80..not just have to find a long arm quilter and this this one completed........

The second one is a 1930's repro. pinwheel block that I received in the birthday block exchange on the Garden Forum - been doing that exchange for the last 3-4 years now - and love it - these are my 2009 blocks that I received....I am so pleased with the way that it turned out - I used 3 other blocks to do a table runner top - and still have a couple left over to put in throw pillows...... This quilt top is about 50 x 70...I am not sure if I should add more borders and make it bigger or should I stop there and make it a throw quilt..what do you all think..I would love your ideas....
Love both of these.