Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2 of my projects..... >

2 of my projects.....

2 of my projects.....

Old 01-26-2010, 03:07 PM

What wonderful work you do. I love them both but have a real liking for the 30's repo. I would do two boarders, a narrow one and then a wider one in two different colors. Maybe a green and purple or pick other colors from the pinwheels. A fun fabric on the back is always great.

Look forward to seeing more of your work!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments and ideas..I guess I should now start to see what I have in my stash to get these finished.........
Old 02-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
Hi Everyone, I just thought I'd share a couple of my quilt tops with you....they were a lot of fun....

The first is my sunflower quilt - I used Maywood fabrics from their Full Sun collection - I love that collection.....and I did a kind of sampler quilt - just making blocks that I liked and putting them together in my own little design..it was a riot to do........this quilt top is about 60 x 80..not just have to find a long arm quilter and this this one completed........

The second one is a 1930's repro. pinwheel block that I received in the birthday block exchange on the Garden Forum - been doing that exchange for the last 3-4 years now - and love it - these are my 2009 blocks that I received....I am so pleased with the way that it turned out - I used 3 other blocks to do a table runner top - and still have a couple left over to put in throw pillows...... This quilt top is about 50 x 70...I am not sure if I should add more borders and make it bigger or should I stop there and make it a throw quilt..what do you all think..I would love your ideas....
Love both of these.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Your work is wonderful :thumbup: