Thread: UFOs and WIPs
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 04:48 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by Moira in N.E. England
But ... is it more practical to have a number of quilts on the go at the same time? Do experienced quilters make a number of tops, accumulate UFOs, then quilt them and bind them all?
Confession(s) First:

I usually have at least 3 WIPs going. (to me, it's a WIP until the top is done. then it becomes a UFO. others either don't distinguish between the two "stages" or they define them differently.)

I also usually have at least a couple UFOs waiting to be sandwiched, or quilted, or bound. the reasons will vary from quilt to quilt and time to time.

is that more practical? i don't [personally] believe so. i admire those who can purchase for just one quilt at a time, and then work only on that one quilt until it's finished. my theory is that i'd save a lot of money and space if i did that.

i am currently attempting to at least limit myself to one project i can work on using my small machine (for the times my group is meeting to work on projects) and only one at a time for which i need one of my bigger, fancier machines.

wish me luck. lol