Old 01-19-2019, 05:44 AM
Kris P

I also kit up and cut all my projects. I'm too distracted to cut at camp. Each quilt kit goes in a 1 gallon zipper bag, with its pattern. I keep all my kits, and sewing supplies in a 3 drawer rolling Iris cart, which fits neatly under the table. I use a luggage strap to bind the drawers closed while in transit, and just hold the top of the strap to help roll it along from the car to my space at retreat. I can completely move into my sewing space in one trip... Rolling tutto in one hand, rolling iris cart in the other. I also find the chairs too low for the set up, so I bring a flotation device seat cushion to sit on. It's firmer and higher than other seat cushions and helps bring me up to a better height. Many ladies bring their own chairs, but my home sewing chair is a behemoth, and there is no way I'm dragging that across the country side.

I also kit up my outfit selections for each day. As I'm packing I select the top, pants, socks and undies for each day; fold them together and slide each day's outfit into a satin drawstring bag. That way, I'm not digging through my suitcase and can just grab a drawstring bag and head to the shower without disturbing my roommates early in the morning.

Last edited by Kris P; 01-19-2019 at 05:49 AM. Reason: add content