Thread: Meat Broth
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 03:49 PM
tranum

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Oh My, My vet told me never to give dogs chicken bones. Never.

Dogs should never be allowed to eat cooked Chicken Bones. Never feed them, and never let them loose in areas where people may have been eating Cooked Chicken.
Cooked Chicken Bones become very brittle. They will splinter easily and can break in to very sharp shards. If your Dogs ate Cooked Chicken Bones there is risk of it getting a splinter of Bone stuck in its Mouth, its Throat or in its Intestine. The Bones can pierce Intestines or form a hard blockage that can be life threatening.
This is not to say that this will occur, the majority of times you may have nothing to worry about but there is a risk. I am not saying you MUST go to the Vets but it is a real cause for concern and if you have the slightest worry I would recommend you get your Dog checked at the Vets. More about dogs and bones here: http://thethreedogblog.com/dogs-eati...nd-fables.html
I don’t doubt what you say, but thinking back to our farm dogs (each who lived long lives). They ate every table scrap Mother gave them, chicken bones included. We raised our own chickens so we had chicken often. Just an observation.