Old 01-21-2019, 08:57 AM
pchp

Originally Posted by Lady Diana View Post
Be sure to take a serge protector and extension cord. . There are never enough plugs. Power cord and foot pedal. I also purchased a set of four wheeled casters from Harbor freight, put tennis balls in the center. Fits nicely over the chair legs. Rolling chairs are better than fighting with those folding chairs. The casters are heavy, but since you are going in your car, no problem. Chair cushion is a must.
Put your name on them. Put your name on everything! Fill lots of bobbins. Don't forget your sewing machine manual!
Start your "bug out" bag and check list now, so you won't be so frazzeled the night before your trip. Speaking of driving. Be sure your car is doing OK. Take jumper cables. Check your spare tire and tire pressure. Check oil and windsheid washer fluid etc. All the other suggestions are terrific. Your car will be full, but you will be prepared! Everyone will be amazed, especially if they have forgotten something that you can share....it is a terrible feeling to have left something important at home. Ask me how I know. I now make out a list long before I travel.
Great suggestion about the car! Last April, on my way to a friend's house to pick her up to travel to a retreat, I ran over something before leaving my neighborhood. We ended up taking her car and letting our DHs deal with the flat tire, especially after none of us nor another man who stopped to help could get the tire off to change it!