View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:29 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

I have not bought fabric from JoAnn in (quite literally) decades. This was back when they only had one grade of their own line, the Keepsake cottons line and they were in the $4 per yard price range but this was 20 years ago when the average LQS fabric was probably running in the $6 to $7 price range for the newest releases. It was when I first started quilting and I didn't know about the different qualities of fabric. My experience with them is that they don't hold up over time and fade horribly. My very first quilts were made with this fabric and they were involved quilts (a sampler and a lone star, both queen size) and all hand quilted. I was so disappointed that the fabrics did not hold up over time and this is with minimal usage. Now I go for quality name brand fabrics but shop for the deals as I don't need to have the latest and greatest. I will rarely pay more than $7 to $8 per yard ($5 to$6 for solids like Kona or Moda Bella) but occasionally a fabric calls my name that is more.