View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 06:06 AM
Jane Quilter

Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
My February birthday pkgs are in the mail. I wonder, does it bother some of the birthday girls to get their candies so early?
My survey answer as a receiver: It did not bother me to get them early, I could choose to stack them and wait for the big reveal or open as I go. It is nice to have options. Plus I was able to update the received list as well as send feedback a little at a time without being overwhelmed if I had gotten them all on the same day.
My survey answer as a sender: I am an early bird sender, and have had some of mine lost/stolen in the mail, probably because I use festive colored envelopes that scream "gift" to some mail thieves. Or just plain bad luck on my part. But because I sent early, and saw from the b'day ladies list it did not arrive, I was able to send a 2nd card and still arrive "on time" for her birthday.
Conclusion: I think getting a card late and/or after my birthday is anti-climatic and not fun. So I hope my quilting friends aim to be early for me, and I will be early for them unless I hear from your survey here that it is not a popular idea. I am always willing to change to make my friends happier. Jane Quilter